Our Forums Have Moved!

Our forums moved! Check out our brand new forums (https://forums.cookiebrigade.org).

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Child's Play Invitational Golf Tournament  (Read 19751 times)

May 20, 2013, 03:40:44 PM
Yes! Good luck and take pictures!

THIS! Take pictures of the table displays if you can!

May 20, 2013, 11:48:14 PM
Great job Kintyre and Emimonster!!  Thanks for being there and working the event you guys - it was a SUPER long day.  We're all excited to see what the final numbers are!  THANK YOU!!

May 21, 2013, 02:29:57 AM
Need sleep. I'll post a big write up tomorrow. It was awesome.

May 21, 2013, 11:56:23 AM
Need sleep. I'll post a big write up tomorrow. It was awesome.

I was watching the images and chatter on twitter for the event, it looked like you guys were having fun.

May 21, 2013, 12:35:48 PM
Where to start?

a. I was really bad about counting cookies that morning. I'm pretty sure we had close to 400 cookies. I brought home 84.
b. We brought in $538.07.
c. There were only about 100 attendees.
d. I gathered as many favorite cookies from PA staff as I could. Kristen Lindsay is shortbread, Mike Fehlauer and Erika are both oatmeal raisin. Kiko is just oatmeal. Levin is snickerdoodles. Brian is blondies (he ate the cookie bars and loved them). Khoo and Straub like cookies but don't have favorites. Khoo and Jamie don't like spicy, although Jamie braved the combustible lemons to get lemon.
e. At the end we put together take home plates for people. Talking with the lead enforcer we're thinking next year we will have a table and people can come order their plates at registration. We'll have an order sheet kind of like Great Harvest bread where they can just check off from a list of the cookies we have. We also gave out cookie plates with all the prizes.

Lexi - your flourless peanut butter chocolate chip with and without bacon were huge hits. I need you to teach me how to make those giant cookies. The chocolate decadence ran out too. The companion cubes were big hits as always.
Emily - Again, everyone loved the companion cubes. Jamie took home all the sugar cookies but there weren't many left.
Tegan - Fehlauer and a buddy of his took home the few remaining peanut butter cookies and the bars were Brian's favorites.
Ransim - Jerry was talking up your space invaders saying he bought a bunch at East, also the Golf pro gave us 20 bucks and took home several packages to his kids.

I had a wonderful time. 2 people is just about right. It was a little crazy at the end with just me, but it worked. The enforcers are amazing, in fact we have one who works at Einstein bagels who should be stopping by. He's going to try to set up a corporate donation for PAX.

I have a few great stories, but this post is already the dreaded wall of text so I'll sign off. Thank you everyone again for letting me do this.

May 21, 2013, 06:54:13 PM
awesome job you guys!

May 22, 2013, 12:00:05 PM
I have a few great stories, but this post is already the dreaded wall of text so I'll sign off. Thank you everyone again for letting me do this.

Great job Kintyre! I look forward to hearing the stories you have. :)

May 22, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
The best story about the take home plates was the very first one. I had Mike and Jerry's huge plates sitting out and a guy comes up and asks if he can take one of them. I told him we planned to give them to Mike and Jerry but I'll make a huge one for him. He mentioned he planned to take it for the nurses at the hospital. So while dumping a ton of cookies and piling them and wrapping (have I mentioned that I suck at saran wrap?) I ask him if his wife's a nurse, he says no, she's in the hospital.... on bed rest, for the last 3 weeks. He just wanted to take something nice for the nurses. She's due in June and they're really excited for their first baby, a girl. It was just really cool to find out where the cookies were going and the stories behind the people. I guess it looks silly typed out, but it was touching.

Also in case you guys were wondering, my son is in a special ed. preschool so I took most of the leftovers to them for their snack. The teachers took home the sriracha's though.

May 22, 2013, 03:11:41 PM
Not sure i'm doing this right...

I know the guy who bought the plate, he was in my golf group and I work with him. Super nice guy.

* Recent Posts

topic Updated Forum
[Brigade News]
amloca
July 14, 2019, 07:06:05 PM
topic Calling all Bakers: Recipes & Photos Wanted!
[Recipe Talk]
sweetycandy
June 11, 2019, 08:58:44 AM
topic cookie brigade and you
[General Chat]
daniel77
May 26, 2019, 07:21:27 AM
topic Orange Citrus (frosted cookie) recipe?
[Recipe Talk]
kintyre
May 02, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
topic The Cookie Brigade at PAX!
[General Chat]
adam77
April 04, 2019, 08:34:00 AM
topic Introduce Yourself
[General Chat]
kintyre
March 22, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
topic A school project