Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Possibly accepting Dogecoin donations.  (Read 3216 times)

March 04, 2014, 10:58:14 AM
Hey I'm not sure if this is tactful, but you guys be willing to accept Dogecoin at PAX this year as donations for the delicious cookies that you guys provide? I would be willing to help you guys setup the necessary items required to accept Dogecoin.[/size]Some of the advantages of accepting Dogecoin would be that you guys wouldn't need to carry as much cash, and wouldn't have to worry about small transactions made by credit cards (I don't know if you guys take credit/debit donations) in which that take a significant portion in fees.

If you have any questions head on over to /r/dogecoin on reddit also my username is the same on reddit so feel free to PM me.

March 04, 2014, 12:06:30 PM
Hey I'm not sure if this is tactful, but you guys be willing to accept Dogecoin at PAX this year as donations for the delicious cookies that you guys provide? I would be willing to help you guys setup the necessary items required to accept Dogecoin. Some of the advantages of accepting Dogecoin would be that you guys wouldn't need to carry as much cash, and wouldn't have to worry about small transactions made by credit cards (I don't know if you guys take credit/debit donations) in which that take a significant portion in fees.

If you have any questions head on over to /r/dogecoin on reddit also my username is the same on reddit so feel free to PM me.

The brigade takes any currency that is accepted by Child's Play. Typically at PAX itself it's physical currency, largely because of how the brigade operates, we hand out the cookies for free and take donations, we don't sell the cookies or have a static location generally. We do not take credit card donations because of the logistics involved, though we have recently added a widget, provided to us by Child's Play, to our website for any non-physical donations, the widget uses Paypal directly.

http://www.cookiebrigade.org/wp/donate/

Now all of that aside, I'd be happy to add a Dogecoin widget to our donation page tied to the Child's Play wallet. It will be linked on our info cards and mentioned to people who want to donate and don't have cash on hand. We would need to contact Child's Play so they can set up a wallet, or provide us with the wallet information. I know that the humble bundle takes bitcoin*, so its possible they already have one, though its also likely that humble bundle converts it before sending it to Child's Play.

* I will fully admit here that I don't personally know if dogecoin and bitcoin are interchangable. I'd guess no but if they have a bitcoin wallet they'd likely be open to setting up one for dogecoin.

March 07, 2014, 03:08:23 PM
And the response from Child's Play:

https://twitter.com/CPCharity/status/440933244515926016

For those of you who don't click the link: "Not at this time."

March 07, 2014, 05:19:15 PM
And the response from Child's Play:

https://twitter.com/CPCharity/status/440933244515926016

For those of you who don't click the link: "Not at this time."

Yep sorry forgot to follow up here. The Dogecoin guys are interested in seeing if we could do something like was done for the Bobsled team, their foundation takes the donations and converts it to USD before giving it to Child's Play.

If we get a lot of requests for this I can set up a wallet and convert it to USD to send to Child's Play, but I think until we can get something official set up or the Dogecoin Foundation can work something out with Child's Play it might be best to advise people to use paypal to send it electronically via the donation widget.

* Recent Posts

topic Orange Citrus (frosted cookie) recipe?
[Recipe Talk]
kintyre
May 02, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
topic The Cookie Brigade at PAX!
[General Chat]
adam77
April 04, 2019, 08:34:00 AM
topic Introduce Yourself
[General Chat]
kintyre
March 22, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
topic A school project
[Off-topic Chatter]
HereForASurvey
March 21, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
topic decorated short crust cookies
[Recipe Talk]
TastesPurple
January 16, 2019, 11:45:46 PM
topic "Scotch Eggs"
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 11, 2018, 05:32:11 PM
topic Earl Grey shortbread with lavender glaze recipe
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 06, 2018, 11:23:12 AM
topic Eggnog Cookies
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 06, 2018, 11:21:31 AM
topic Bacon Fat Gingersnaps
[Recipe Talk]
Alcmene
December 06, 2018, 10:41:10 AM
topic allergy-friendly white chocolate (vegan, grain-free)
[Recipe Talk]
supercarrot
November 28, 2018, 08:17:52 PM