Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 16
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: Child's Play Invitational 2014  (Read 5334 times)

May 21, 2014, 04:52:27 PM
http://childsplaycharity.org/news/post/childs-play-invitational-2014

Child's Play Invitational 2014 will be held at Willows. There's going to be spectator stands this year: a GREAT place to have a little table where people could approach us while we be quiet and respectful!

We have been given the GO ahead on this so cookies needed! (PM me for delivery arrangements).

Thanks!

Course: Willows Run Golf Course
Date: Sunday, June 22, 2014
Time: 10:00 AM arrival
10:30 AM: Golf (and spectating) Begins
5:00 PM: Post Golf Awards Mixer / Reception!
« Last Edit: June 13, 2014, 05:58:03 PM by emimonster »

May 21, 2014, 04:56:02 PM
I'll note that Willows Run does have their own restaurant in house so I am a bit concerned about their food policy, so we'll find out how that's going down. The golfers do receive a boxed lunch so it doesn't sound like distributed food is a total problem.

May 22, 2014, 03:03:46 AM
Checking the forums, it looks like Kintyre handled this last year, so I'd check with her to see if she's already setting things up with Jamie. If she isn't and she wasn't planning on it, I'd say go ahead and contact Jamie.

May 22, 2014, 02:27:08 PM
We're up in the air. I haven't heard from Jamie so if you want to run point that's great. My husband bought a foursome before we realized it was a Sunday. I can definitely bake but we're still deciding whether or not we'll attend. (We're religious and don't usually do things outside of church and family on Sunday).

Having someone willing to take it over is pretty heartening. I was planning on nutella stuffed chocolate chip. Monster cookies (gluten free). I remember how popular Lexi's peanut butter chocolate chip bacon were so I was going to experiment with some bacon monsters. I can do peanut butter sriracha again, probably half with white chocolate chip half without. I'm only going to do about a batch of each since we had a ton left over last year. Shortbread, oatmeal raisin and blondies have all been requested as well as the nutella chocolate cookie so if someone doesn't make those I'll do a batch of each of those as well. We also want to have lemon or citrus. If you do get a table maybe lemon bars are an option. Or maybe we can do those and just spend money on packaging.

One of the cool ideas we wanted to implement was a take home order. So knowing ahead how many cookies you have, you could have an order form and then make up plates off of orders for donations.

If I haven't freaked you out take on whatever you'd like and let me know what you need help with. I'll keep you updated when Mav and I have discussed it more.

May 23, 2014, 06:26:22 PM
Hi Kintyre,

I was the one who was there with you last year in Juanita helpin out (though I had to catch the end of the work day). I don't mind managing this (if it's something we can do). Sundays are better for me than workdays! I just emailed Jamie to ask how she feels about a quiet little table by the spectator area, and how we could enquire with Willows Run on the issue.

Will need help baking, yes! I can transport around on Saturday if it helps!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:36:20 PM by emimonster »

May 27, 2014, 12:49:50 PM
Hi Emi,

Of course I remember you. That's why I'm totally happy to hand it all over. Good luck and let me know if you need any help organizing ahead of time.

June 09, 2014, 05:09:15 PM
If we want to help out by mailing cookies, where should we mail them to?

June 09, 2014, 07:10:42 PM
Hi Paul,

Jamie was excited about the idea and is asking the course but I haven't heard anything back yet on that front. Only 2 weeks away!

I'll update here if I hear anything back. I can PM the address, so please let me know if you need it.

Thanks!

June 13, 2014, 05:57:06 PM
It looks like we're a GO for the Invitational. Green light! If you want to bake cookies, please mail them to me (PM me for address), or let me know where I can pick them up and I'll try to transport.

June 14, 2014, 02:51:23 PM
I'll bake Thursday I think. Saturday is also my son's birthday, so that way I can deliver Friday and be done. I can drive them up to your work if you like.

June 16, 2014, 01:55:42 PM
Friday I have a doctor's appointment in the middle of the day so I won't be at work. : S I live in Newcastle just off 405, or I could come get them from somewhere.

Though if it's easier for you to get to the Willows corridor over there, my brother also works in my hallway, and he can put them in my office.

June 19, 2014, 07:43:52 PM
Okay, 11 oreo stuffed chocolate chip, 13 oatmeal raisin, 11 lemon crinkle, and 12 blondies are done. 20 Shortbread is in the oven.
That covers the nut free.
I'm going to start 54 monster (flourless) 24 with bacon and follow it with 24 peanut butter sriracha and 12 nutella chocolate chunk. I'll do a batch of peanut butter sriracha Rice Krispy treats and maybe a thing of fudge if I have time.

There's only a batch of each. I'll try to update with exact counts for you.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:41:15 PM by kintyre »

June 23, 2014, 12:40:06 AM
Did you have a good time?

June 23, 2014, 05:02:47 PM
Well it was a little lonely for being a long day, but I did enjoy watching the USA game with the enforcers afterwards when the golfers had all gone to the awards BBQ.
They also had Brad doing really silly bets (to sell raffle tickets. 1$ bets and if you win you get a raffle ticket, and you should pretty much always win as his bets were very silly) at the spectator area and some of those got a little fun. For example, he bet that he could just ask Mike for 50$ and he'd give it to him, which pretty much everybody took that bet, and sure enough, after they finished the hole he says "Hey Mike I need 50$," and Mike gave it to him. He also bet that he could get a golfer to buy him a Chardinay from the little mini bar next to the spectator area, and he did indeed get a guy to buy him one.

* Recent Posts

topic Orange Citrus (frosted cookie) recipe?
[Recipe Talk]
kintyre
May 02, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
topic The Cookie Brigade at PAX!
[General Chat]
adam77
April 04, 2019, 08:34:00 AM
topic Introduce Yourself
[General Chat]
kintyre
March 22, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
topic A school project
[Off-topic Chatter]
HereForASurvey
March 21, 2019, 07:59:18 PM
topic decorated short crust cookies
[Recipe Talk]
TastesPurple
January 16, 2019, 11:45:46 PM
topic "Scotch Eggs"
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 11, 2018, 05:32:11 PM
topic Earl Grey shortbread with lavender glaze recipe
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 06, 2018, 11:23:12 AM
topic Eggnog Cookies
[Recipe Talk]
cavecibum
December 06, 2018, 11:21:31 AM
topic Bacon Fat Gingersnaps
[Recipe Talk]
Alcmene
December 06, 2018, 10:41:10 AM
topic allergy-friendly white chocolate (vegan, grain-free)
[Recipe Talk]
supercarrot
November 28, 2018, 08:17:52 PM