Our Forums Have Moved!

Our forums moved! Check out our brand new forums (https://forums.cookiebrigade.org).

Who's Online

• Dot Guests: 12
  • Dot Hidden: 0
  • Dot Users: 0

There aren't any users online.

Author Topic: BostonFIG  (Read 3590 times)

July 18, 2015, 04:18:53 AM
Boston Festival of Indie Games (BFIG) is a 1 day event at MIT in September.  Indie developers show off their games and attend panels.  In the past, they've had a charity section with tables for Able Gamers and Extra Life.  We may join them this year to not only hand out noms, but also try to recruit some new members. 
This is new territory and I'm still waiting for some details. I'd love to hear from anyone who's attended before and I'll probably be looking for at least 2 volunteers to help out.

UPDATE 9/7/15
We will be at table s8 on the main floor:

I will be at the table most of the day with my friend, FatherVenom. If anyone wants to hang out and talk to folks, you can come by and relieve either (or both) of us if you want, but don't feel obligated. We'll be trying to recruit new volunteers for PAX East (or any PAX, really), so we'll have flyers, buttons, and business cards.
We will also have cookies. If you want to make nice decorative things that are too delicate for distributors' bags at PAX, this is a great place to show them off.
If you want to distribute cookies, this table is also the equivalent of HQ. Come here to drop off money and pick up cookies. We probably won't be counting anything then and there because we're out in the open. But I'll keep all your money sorted by person and post how much everyone brings in.
We don't have to be covert! We are welcome to be there and handing out food, so no sneaking around required. The only rule is that no food or drink is allowed upstairs (where the digital showcase is), so don't distribute up there and remind people not to take it up there.
I will be bringing Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free vegan peanut butter banana, and maybe some Cheerios bars.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:31:53 AM by punzie »

July 23, 2015, 08:18:39 AM
I'll be there and totally down to help!  It's really fun and very laid back.  I've gone for the last two years and it's been super fun.  If they do it like last time, Extra Life was right in the main lobby and got tons of foot traffic. 

August 15, 2015, 10:46:25 AM
I had attend the first two years, and skipped last year as it was my birthday 8) Not sure what I'm doing but if I go I'd be more that happy to help out. When do you need a final answer?

September 03, 2015, 12:55:48 PM
I've been there every year, and had looked into doing something there with the cookie brigade last year, but I didn't see much of any response. The organizers seemed open to the idea though. I'd be happy to help out.

(Sorry for the delayed response, life kind of exploded for a bit :-) )

September 03, 2015, 10:22:22 PM
Yes, I'm having trouble getting necessary details from them too. I have confirmation that a table is being held for us, but I don't know if and how much we have to pay. We are clear to hand out cookies in approved areas (the upstairs area is no food or drink) and have been clued in that working the morning registration line will probably be good for us.
Here's what we need:
1 person to work the table with me (I may be bringing a friend)
Cookies
A couple people willing to spend time distributing, especially in the morning

I *think* I'll be getting 2 passes for the people at the table. Everyone will have to pay the normal entrance fee. If you plan to distribute the morning line, please either show up early (so you get in before most of the line) or bring your own cookies to distribute until you get your badge and can pick up cookies from our table.

This is the current plan. I'll update as I know more.

September 04, 2015, 08:39:14 AM
I'm happy to work the table with you, and I can also bake. This sounds like a good opportunity to do some of the pretty stuff, if this is something that will be set up like a bake sale.

September 06, 2015, 10:05:10 PM
I'll bake up some decorated goodies.

September 08, 2015, 01:27:45 AM
I have updates!
We will be at table s8 on the main floor:

I will be at the table most of the day with my friend, FatherVenom. If anyone wants to hang out and talk to folks, you can come by and relieve either (or both) of us if you want, but don't feel obligated.
We'll be trying to recruit new volunteers for PAX East (or any PAX, really), so we'll have flyers, buttons, and business cards.

We will also have cookies. If you want to make nice decorative things that are too delicate for distributors' bags at PAX, this is a great place to show them off.

If you want to distribute cookies, this table is also the equivalent of HQ. Come here to drop off money and pick up cookies. We probably won't be counting anything then and there because we're out in the open. But I'll keep all your money sorted by person and post how much everyone brings in.

We don't have to be covert! We are welcome to be there and handing out food, so no sneaking around required. The only rule is that no food or drink is allowed upstairs (where the digital showcase is), so don't distribute up there and remind people not to take it up there.

I will be bringing Oreo-stuffed chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free vegan peanut butter banana, and maybe some Cheerios bars.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2015, 01:32:15 AM by punzie »

September 12, 2015, 07:37:33 PM
We raised $682.74 for Child's Play today. Thank you Lilty and Lilybell for bringing cookies. I think we had ~300 cookies and we ran out just before 4pm (an hour before our area closed).
I think this was a huge success and hope to be able to do it again next year.

September 12, 2015, 10:07:47 PM
Sorry I wasn't able to make it back, but I consider that a great success!

September 14, 2015, 03:26:47 AM
Oh I forgot to count the electronic donations. I had $112 through the square reader and $3 through the donation widget on the site. That's makes our total $797.74!

September 14, 2015, 05:59:19 PM
 I had fun. It was an interesting event and I didn't have a panic attack attending by myself.

* Recent Posts

topic Updated Forum
[Brigade News]
amloca
July 14, 2019, 07:06:05 PM
topic Calling all Bakers: Recipes & Photos Wanted!
[Recipe Talk]
sweetycandy
June 11, 2019, 08:58:44 AM
topic cookie brigade and you
[General Chat]
daniel77
May 26, 2019, 07:21:27 AM
topic Orange Citrus (frosted cookie) recipe?
[Recipe Talk]
kintyre
May 02, 2019, 09:46:51 PM
topic The Cookie Brigade at PAX!
[General Chat]
adam77
April 04, 2019, 08:34:00 AM
topic Introduce Yourself
[General Chat]
kintyre
March 22, 2019, 04:05:15 PM
topic A school project