This year we’re going to countdown to PAX West 2019 with 7 days of delicious cookies coming to PAX West in Seattle! Quantities of all cookies are limited so you’ll have to find a brigadier fast or reach out to us on twitter if you want a chance to try one of these delicious cookies. If you miss them at PAX you’ll find their recipes here or on our forum!
We’re always looking for new volunteers to help us distribute these delicious cookies! If you are attending PAX West 2019 and want to help raise money for Child’s Play, its not too late to join us on our forums!
Lets start this countdown off with a cookie that was debuted at PAX West 2018, the Snickers Cookie.
Born from excess peanut pieces, and collective Brigade brainstorming, I decided to accept the challenge to make a snickers based cookie. It started off with peanut pieces, toffee pieces, and milk chocolate chips in a chocolate base. While it is quite delicious it didn’t have enough caramel flavor so I’ve been working on how to incorporate actual caramel into the cookie. It sounds like a simple idea but caramel blowouts are a thing.
It’s a delicious problem that seems to be solved by stuffing the caramel inside the cookie dough, but you have the make sure to have a good seal of dough around it. Even then, you’ll still get an occasional blowout… but its worth it.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1-1 1/2 cup(s) peanut pieces
- 24 wrapped caramels
- Cream butter and sugars. Add vanilla and eggs and beat until combined
- Combine flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt. Add to mixer and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and peanut pieces
- Unwrap caramels and cut each caramel in half.
- Form 1.5 tbsp balls (medium cookie scoop). Flatten each ball and place half a caramel on top. Wrap dough around the caramel, making sure not to leave any gaps.
- Bake 8 min (1.5 tbsp dough+ 1/2 caramel) minutes at 375 degrees (cook time will vary if you make different sized cookies). Do not overbake.
- Increase oven temp by 25 degrees
- Keep the cookies in a ball and then press the caramel in the top making sure to create a barrier of cookie around all sides before baking
- Press the caramel on top of the cookie after baking (like thumbprint cookies)