These delicious cookies combine the comforting taste of matcha green tea and the delicious sweetness of cookies and white chocolate. It’s a decadent combination that has proven incredibly popular at events.
If you didn’t try one of these tasty treats at PAX East and are interested in trying your hand at making your own we present to you the recipe, provided by one of our volunteer bakers!
Matcha Green Tea Cookies
- 2.5 cups Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup Butter (Salted)
- 1.5 cups Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 Eggs
- 1 heaping tbsp Matcha Powder
- 1.5 cups White Chocolate Chips
- Whip sugar/butter till white and fluffy.
- Add matcha, whip until well combined and bright green throughout.
- Add eggs and vanilla whip to combine.
- Slowly add dry ingredients.
- Add white chocolate chips
- Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°
- Form into roughly 1.5-2 tbsp balls.
- Smoosh slightly on baking sheet. Add more chocolate chips at this time, you want 3-4 per cookie.
- Bake at 375° for roughly 7.5 minutes, rotate pans and bake for 3 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a rack to cool.